Thursday, August 13, 2009

The dangers of Twitter

The twitter conundrum for me: Yes, if I joined twitter more people would be able to laugh at my stuff, but if I stopped to tweet every time I thought of something funny I'd never get anything done.
Vader's plan to take over our lives is working. Once he joins forces with HULU we're doomed.

I still haven't given in to the dark side.

But in the course of my everyday life I sometimes come across other people's tweets.

[ Vader works 24/7]

Here are four of the things that I learned this week.

Nathan Fillion, although gorgeous and talented, can't spell Jeopardy

[I haven't decided whether his lack of spelling talent makes me think less of him. It probably would depend on how much clothing he was wearing at the time.]

"Don Henley does not 'Twitter,' nor does he have a Facebook or MySpace account. He does not communicate via social networking sites and has not authorized any account to be created on his behalf."

[this is a direct quote from Don's official website. It would be fun to pretend to be Don Henley and Tweet things like "Hell froze over again…..my cat just brought me my 24k gold slippers instead of my dog."]

A friend tweeted that he had his toothbrush stolen by the hotel staff where he was staying.

[personally I think the maid probably saw it and called in a HAZMAT team to dispose of it safely]

And finally,

People need to go outside more.


[grins and goes off to hug a tree]

12 comments:

mdvelazquez said...

I think people need interact face to face more.

I think it would be fun to pretend tweet for Jackie Gleason or Lucille Ball.

Anonymous said...

Ah, but with wireless internet, you can Tweet outside! And where else could I learn that my fave comedian Eddie Izzard just finished 15 marathons in 17 days?

Also, Alex Sokoloff is on Twitter.

Karen from Mentor said...

Maria?
How would that go for you?

For me tweeting for Lucy would be a lot of just using the word "Ricky"....and "waaaa"...

:0)

Karen from Mentor said...

Ah Linda,
See how Vader works? Trying to draw me to the dark side by using Alexandra Sokoloff as bait.

If this puzzles anybody, read Alexandra Sokoloff, Goddess, it's under Alexandra Sokoloff in my labeled postings.

Then you'll get why Linda is tempting me with Alex. :0)

and btw Linda, I'm not saying that twitter isn't useful for some things.....

For instance, anybody who is stalking you will always know where you're going...and when they tweet where THEY are going the cops can find them easier..win/win

:0)

Anonymous said...

Truthfully, Alex rarely tweets, so don't come to the dark side just for that.

Karen from Mentor said...

OHHHHH *Now* I see how you roll missy!!!!!!

[laughing]

j said...

Okay, but through Twitter, I won a book. A book! And I learned that thing about lobsters...

Hmmm... tiny little list of Twitter pros I got here. (But it's probably less than 140 characters.)

Karen from Mentor said...

and then you texted me the thing about lobsters.

But see, you're proving my point. I don't need to tweet...anything interesting on twitter just floats to me somehow...kind of on some unseen force...

Lisa Katzenberger said...

Hey Karen, sure you don't need to tweet, but if you did think of how many other people could share in your awesomeness. I think you will fold one day and you will love it!

Karen from Mentor said...

Wow Lisa, Vader's working HARD today.
First Linda uses my love of Alex, now you use my love of fans......hmmmmm....still not gonna do it....nope nope wouldn't be prudent at this juncture....

Drink some water, the after effects of him being in your brain fades after about 72 hours....

:0)

Rougeneck said...

Karen, I already told you: Tweet one of every 6 random thoughts you have and that's how you achieve sustainable Tweetage. Come join us in the Twitterverse Sugar - it's loads of fun. Smooches! xoxo

Karen from Mentor said...

Oh AND NOW he's using beautiful young southern women plying their feminine wiles.....

will he stop at nothing???!!!!

note to Vader... I'm straight.

note to CG ...smooches back. :0)