Thursday, October 8, 2009

Penis envy [a random thought]

Today while brainstorming money making ideas the random thought that flitted through my brain was "hmmmmm, if I was a guy I could sell my sperm."

I get a lot of mail about the random thoughts that I post in the sidebar directly under the "about me" section.

So I thought I'd put up a post where people could read through all of my random thoughts and then comment on their favorites.

[this is it ……just in case that part wasn't clear]

To kick things off, here are a few of my personal favorites:

One of the advantages of living in this day and age is that you can get after factory parts at fairly reasonable prices. I recently had an anti-blurt button installed. First dates and interviews go a LOT smoother now......

I do have a dark side. A deep down, dark, bloody clawed, dribbly fanged dark side. I keep it locked in my sock drawer.

The other day I was bored. I'm NEVER bored. I was pretty sure it was the first sign of the apocalypse......

My dream is to be welcomed with open arms by people who love and accept me for who I really am.
Maybe I'll join the circus......

I'm not going to riff on Jesus....I like Jesus...and Buddha...he's cool. In fact, I like to think that had the two met they would have sat down for a nice chat and some pie.....lots of pie.

I love having a skeleton. I tried going without, but I didn't like just puddling on the ground.

It's nice when a friend cares enough about you to be petty on your behalf. Not necessarily good karma for them, but nice for you all the same.

And finally:

I like to go through life leaving a little sparkly trail of joy.....like tinkerbell.


 

[waves her tiny tinkerbell wand and goes off to do something sparkly…..]


 

16 comments:

Kris said...

Your love of having a skeleton is amusing, and seasonal as well! As I reread your sidebar, I also liked:

You know those locks for ignitions with breathalyzers attached? I think I need one for my keyboard that measures low blood sugar. I was apparently in need of cookies when I commented on a friend's blog that I sometimes do yoga naked. It's true, but he didn't need to know it....and well, I guess neither did you guys....

So keep 'em coming!

Karen from Mentor said...

Kris,
The BEST thing about that one is I'm QUOTED on a site that advocates naked yoga and there's a link back to Miscellaneous Yammering.......

That almost killed me.....

:0)

Laura Eno said...

The title of your post sang out through my rss reader. How could I NOT come see why you chose those particular words? :)
I like the anti-blurt button. Although, if we all had those live would be pretty boring...

Karen from Mentor said...

[shuts off anti blurt button to say the following]

The title was a lot of fun Laura...and don't get me wrong....I am a FAN of the penis...[big fan]....but it never crossed my mind to WANT TO OWN one before the idea of selling sperm flitted through my brain.....

[grins at you]

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm not voting for the skeleton one because you're making fun of me!

I do like the tinkerbell one. Always have.

But my fave is this because it's one of those ideas that I get caught up in thinking about:

"My friend Cat lives in New Zealand. She's sixteen hours ahead of me. Which means she lives in the future. I'm going to ask her to start picking my lottery numbers."

Karen from Mentor said...

I know Linda, time travel is one of those things that can wreak havoc with a plot line.....but it can also get a writer out of a tight corner ...
[so can aliens]

and yes, I admit that you INSPIRED the skeleton comment that day that you said you didn't even like having one cause they scared you so much....but making fun of you? peeshaw...perish the thought m'dear....
[grins at you]

judy said...

I like the margarine one. Oh, and the one about parentheses and brackets. And also the widget one (because I at first thought you were talking about bloggy widgets and that just strikes me as sad.) But my favorite is the one where you list what you want to do... not necessarily in order. I don't know why it's my favorite. It just makes me smile.

Karen from Mentor said...

It makes me smile too Judy and hey, I'm working toward the juggling one.....

You're spot on with the widget one...I was emailing with Jane Bretl and she brought up blog widget's ....I'd never heard the word in that context....so I told her about the widget I used to have......

Oh! and widget one is fun to say. widget one, widget one, widget one..... giggling...

Anonymous said...

I love the skeleton one and the sparkly trail of joy you leave behind :) And also the one stating that cat lives in the future cause I can relate to that :P
(But I like all the other ones too!)

Your title for this post was certainly interesting, thought I misread at first *laughing out loud*

Karen from Mentor said...

Since I love being a woman I've never had reason to have "penis envy" ....but in the context of the random thought...it's a lot harder and more complicated to sell your eggs than it is to sell your little wigglers.....sooooo...that's where that thought took me.... laughing...

and it's nice having friends in other time zones...that way if I get up in the middle of the night I always have someone to talk to...

hugs honey!
Karen :0)

Rougeneck said...

It's called Twitter.

Karen from Mentor said...

Hmmmm CG,
Pretty sure from what I've seen that with Twitter you have someone to talk AT, but not necessarily TO in the middle of the night....but hey...with Vader presiding over everything? anything's possible....

I like email because I'm not limited to 140 character witticisms....

It seems like a lot of people on twitter think that they're a wit...but they're really only ha..... [everyone just finish that thought in the privacy of your own head]

not YOU of course CG, you're freaking hilarious at 3:00am...especially when you've been ..well....we'll just leave it that you're hilarious in the middle of the night.
been missing you! Thanks for stopping in.

smooches!!
:0)

Rachel S said...

I went to the doctor the other day to see why my head was dented on the right side. My doctor says I have to stop having aneurysms. They're causing all the blood to leave my brain, and causing my head to cave in!

Karen from Mentor said...

Just start reading the blog through your fingers. Or better yet, have V read it to you out loud equipped with a list of words that you don't want to hear your mom say..... that'll work...

Love you hon, missed you all weekend.

Rachel S said...

Noooooooooo! He makes everything sound dirty! Even when he's not trying! That would be bad bad bad! I would lose the other side of my skull too!

Karen from Mentor said...

Ah, then reading through your fingers is definitely the only way to go....

:0)